View Profile Beartheshadows

All 62 Audio Reviews

62 w/ Responses

Aawwssoommee!!

I thoguht the lyrics and vocals were very out of the odinary, but in a good way. You guys mixed it really well.

TheMegas responds:

Glad you enjoyed it!

Very powerful.

I love the acoustic guitar in it, but I wish you would have made it a little more prominet. Good though.

Too close to the original.

But not bad.

I really wanted to like this.

But I really couldn't hear enough of the original tune in it.

Gorekiller responds:

Well that's the problem... thanks for the review.

Nice.

Love this song. I couldn't help but bob my head.

Not bad.

I don't remember too much of this tune, but I like how the drums pick up. Definitly groovy.

Stage3-1 responds:

Neither do I. When I did it, I was just looking for a sweet sounding Castlevania song. I realized they are all good, so I somehow settled on this one.

Beetle Juice?

I kind of remember some of this level but not really the music. Although I really like this one. It reminds me of Edward Scissorhands (or somthing Danny Elfamn would compose).

Eh...

The suspense was killing me. Also a little hollow during certain parts, which got kind of annoying. But yes, very soothing.

Not Bad!

The intro was a little off, but once it broke in it became really good.

Setu-Firestorm responds:

Yeah, this was an older rendition I did, and I just did it for the hell of it back then. Now, every LoZ piece I do has purpose, but I swear that by the time I finish scoring this movie, I'm going to be thoroughly Zelda'd out.

Thanks for the input.

Keep up the good work.

The quality is a little eh... not good. The drums are a little overpowering and the effects become kind of annoying. But besides that, your playing was dead on and it sounds good. The solo in the middle goes really well with it as well.

DarKsidE555 responds:

Sry to be an ass about it but I beg to differ sir. The quality is above NG standards for Metal submission. You might as well look at the average score of 9.5 / 10 to think about your "quality" comment again.

I agree with your statement about the drums though. This was the first tune I really tried to master. While some things came out good, some things felt down. So the drums. I've cutted out too much of the mids and gave the hi-hats too much highs.

No complains about the sfx comment as well. It's something you can love or hate. Some people like it, some don't.

Overall, I say thanks for the review!

I Use: Carvin DC727, M-Audio Keystation 88es, M-Audio Oxygen 25, Line6 Tone-Port UX2, FL Studio 11: Producer Edition, and numerous plugins. My taste in music ranges from everything to... Everything! Seriously.

31, Male